Wednesday, May 24, 2017

This too shall pass... like a kidney stone

While well written, I struggled to get through Milena Busquets' This Too Shall Pass.
Perhaps something got lost in translation somewhere, but I found it hard to relate to Blanca and her carpe diem lifestyle with two children. I can empathize with her situation, as I too have lost my mother to a terminal illness. It was just at a much younger age and I maintained a level of maturity instead of whining about my mother leaving me. The level of detail was nice, it was the story that lost me. I mean who goes on vacation with both of their exes and current married lover. I guess that's what they do in Cadaques, but in America that is not the norm and certainly not approved of by many. Instead of breezing through the novel, I found myself being forced through the pages. I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment