Friday, June 9, 2017

Austen in Austin

I've been told that I'm a hopeless romantic for being such a fan of 19th century British Literature, specifically Jane Austen. I was excited to see a modern adaptation of one of my favorites, Sense and Sensibility. Hillary Manton Lodge's Jane of Austen has everything an Austenphile could want and is presented in a way that anyone could enjoy.

One cannot help but fall in love with the main characters and their struggle to find a way to survive in a world where their last name leaves them at a disadvantage. Dropping everything and moving to Austin sets the girls off on an adventure of loss and love that kept me wanting to read more and more. I practically devoured the book to get to the happy ending I knew was coming. A fantastic tale of the importance of family and looking beyond appearances to find true love. This is definitely one that will be passed along for others to enjoy. I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment